+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any volunteers to build me a Facebook page for this forum?

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts

Any volunteers to build me a Facebook page for this forum?

I don't have a Facebook account in my name and don't understand FB very well. But I do know that a FB page can be transferred from one person to the next. So if someone is willing to create me a FB page and then hand it over to a new FB personal account I create, that would be fantastic.

Any suggestions from anyone else on what that page should have or what it should do?
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Creating a page is as simple as clicking a few buttons and entering a page title, so I'm sure you could handle that yourself. As far as content goes, you can have multiple admins for a page so you could pass that off to some of the trusted members/moderators here. Ken's threads of the week picks would probably be an ideal thing to post to the page. Share one thread per facebook post with the summary already done by Ken.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sitemaster For This Useful Post:

Clinton (11 February 2012)

Top Contributor
    France. Between Limoges and Brive la Gaillarde.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I didn't realise you could do that, but after a quick search I think I know now:
    - I create an EP page from my account
    - you create a personal FB account
    - I nominate you as an admin for the EP page
    - I remove myself from the list of admins for the EP page

I'm not an expert on what such FB pages should contain (nor is Disney, by all accounts), but I have a FB account so I'd be happy to do the grunt work. My first question is: 'What do you want an EP Facebook Page to do?'

- are you trying to attract new members?
    - or are you trying to make EP public content visible to a wider audience via social media? (thus increasing EP's authority as the White Knight protecting the victims of MMO sharks and of their own naïveté)
    - or something else?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I don't know, it just seemed like a good idea!

Maybe you Facebook experts can tell me what to do with it and how it can be used to further the goals of this forum: attracting new members who'll make quality on-topic posts, making it easier for current members to follow what's happening here, getting non-posting visitors who'll read our posts and click on members' signature links out of genuine interest... that sort of thing.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sitemaster View Post
    Ken's threads of the week picks would probably be an ideal thing to post to the page. Share one thread per facebook post with the summary already done by Ken.
    That Ken is quite the author, sometimes I think he pushes the envelope a little too far though. Wouldn't want to offend any kiddies on Facebook now would we?

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709 View Post
    That Ken is quite the author, sometimes I think he pushes the envelope a little too far though. Wouldn't want to offend any kiddies on Facebook now would we?
    Yeah, right Ken wishes he could write with that sense of humour and level of creativity.

That's why he started adding the bottom credits

[EDIT] which indicates this should be added to the forum posts, also.
    Last edited by KenW3; 10 February 2012 at 2:50 pm. Reason: Added comment

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709 View Post
    Sorry tke71709 , I should pay more attention. I saw Ken's signature on the emails and completely skipped over the sentence before:
    Thank you to the mod team for recommendations, thank you to tke71709 for writing this list

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    What with tke71709 and Ken taking care of the newsletter, and all the mods chipping in to share most of the work I used to do before, this is really making a big difference for me. It's allowing me to go play around with some other stuff. More about that in the next few days/weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chabrenas View Post
    thus increasing EP's authority as the White Knight protecting the victims of MMO sharks and of their own naïveté)
    Hmmm. I don't like the idea of going out of my way to protect people. That's a bit too nanny. Besides, you can't win that one (ask Christopher Avell - intro). Just when you think the world has no more idiots, millions of new ones emerge from the woodwork.

I'll dig the well and they can come and drink, but I'll be damned if I'm going to walk around handing out bottled water and explaining how important it is to stay hydrated.

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sitemaster View Post
    threads of the week picks would probably be an ideal thing to post to the page. Share one thread per facebook post with the summary
    This is not only a great idea for the Facebook posts, this could help on Twitter as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KenW3 For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (11 February 2012)

Top Contributor
    France. Between Limoges and Brive la Gaillarde.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    Hmmm. I don't like the idea of going out of my way to protect people.
    You're right. Feed a man a fish... Provide the learning material, and those who don't use it have only themselves to blame.

+ Reply to Thread