+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to Sell A Quality Website?

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,000 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Was speaking with someone yesterday who claims he sold his website through http://www.foundersib.com

Anyone heard of them or used them to sell a web business?
    Show your support - Like us on Facebook

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Never heard of them before, but that certainly does not mean they are not a good place to get a business sold! They do look more corporate M & A than a firm who focuses on web businesses....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    They took on a sub $100K deal... so seem to be competing directly with many brokers.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    clinton I am guessing it was that netbook site ?

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm new to selling websites as I've never done it befre. I have what I would consider a quality website but others might not think so. It used to make me north of $1000 when APMEX had an affiliate program and I was getting mad traffic. Then BOOM all at once APMEX discontinued their precious metals affiliate program and Google panda hit and my traffic flow went down from 750 visitors a day back to 250 a day. So now I am making around $100-200 a month with affiliate sales. Here's the site[Link removed by moderator]

My site ranks for a ton of economic collapse and silver bullion related keywords. With the right touch, I believe this website could make a lot of money for somebody. I originally created this site just to inform people about the economy and surviving it.

The site has been deemed worth $6400 at this [Link removed by moderator]

Can I trust that as a decent quote or how does it work?

I was really looking for some quality advice by people who KNOW what they are talking about- thats why I came here to this foum.

I have looked at FLIPPA but am a bit scared to just put it up for bid starting at $1. I'd really like to get several thousand dollars for it since it has a PR3 and a LOT of potential. I originally wanted $7000 but that site said it was worth $6400 so I could definitly live with that.

I don't know, what do you think?

Thanks
    Last edited by Slowdive; 15 April 2012 at 8:15 pm. Reason: Links removed Slowdive

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum Cosmolito.

Firstly valuation sites are designed to give unrealistic figures so that people will enjoy visiting them and a few other reasons they are not a valuation that worth anything in the real business world. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but a site that earns 100 or 200 a month is likely worth around 12X its monthly revenue. A panda hit site even less as if I was a perspective buyer I have to perform a massive SEO repair before the site even becomes an asset to me.

I can offer some useful advice though, if your looking to sell in future or now. Make sure all your earnings are documented and easily proved, make sure your expenditure if any is documented as well, basically keep your books in order.
    Realizing a site is usually valued at approximately 12x its monthly revenue or less for SEO reliant and affiliate based sites, do you still wish to sell? If not begin to think about how you can add value to your site and plan how to make it a real asset moving forward.
    It is unlikely the site will sell in flippas market place for any where near your expectation.

So all that bad news aside, welcome to the forums. Feel free to make an introduction post in the welcome board and I look forward to getting to know you.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    Was speaking with someone yesterday who claims he sold his website through http://www.foundersib.com

Anyone heard of them or used them to sell a web business?
    Clinton,
    Just saw this now as someone bumped the thread.
    I have not used them personally - though I would if I had the right site.
    They have helped make a bunch of people I know millionaires and have a lot of connections with the right companies (IB, QNST,RATE etc) to help facilitate a sale if you're in the right vertical. They did the 15 mil bankaholic deal a few years back

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ari For This Useful Post:

monty (17 April 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Clinton,
    Just saw this now as someone bumped the thread.
    I have not used them personally - though I would if I had the right site.
    They have helped make a bunch of people I know millionaires and have a lot of connections with the right companies (IB, QNST,RATE etc) to help facilitate a sale if you're in the right vertical. They did the 15 mil bankaholic deal a few years back
    How do you know if your site is the right site for that market?

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolito View Post
    How do you know if your site is the right site for that market?
    I have a relationship with the people there and know what they are looking for and in general what is selling.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ari, you think you could introduce me to them or get them interested in registering here? Are they in LinkedIn?

A couple of weeks ago they posted about this transaction from their archives. It's about a site called Get Rich Slowly and links to the seller's story of selling his site (well worth a read, IMO)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

monty (27 April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread