+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Totally new to this...what should I do?

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,660 Posts
    Last edited by Clinton; 18 September 2010 at 6:38 am. Reason: To fix broken links
    Show your support - Like us on Facebook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

Dave (2 January 2013), Davo (22 February 2013), eddiebooth (24 January 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hi Slim and Clinton - I just wrote a fantasic reply to this post, it was about 700 words, then needed a bit of info to validate what I was saying, so went to another tab, got info and came back and found I had lost the original lot ! Ah well to summarise - totally agree with Slim, tough business but lets try to crack it ! nice to be back Clinton - Richie Rich

<added>

Just wanted to validate the above, re-read what I said and it sounded like I knew what i was talking about ! I dont !- "fantasic reply?" really? I sound like a big head, I dont mean it, I just wanted to talk about the road we are all on. when I said "fantastic" I meant the personal experience that we have all been on and some of the cock-ups I have made myself,

Personally I think its a tough road,
    Last edited by Clinton; 21 April 2011 at 2:15 am. Reason: To merge posts

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Out of interest, how did you lose the post? Was it something you did? (Because I recently raised the time-out settings etc here and it shouldn't be the forum losing your post).

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hi Clinton, I think it was at my end, I was only out of the post for about 3 minutes? I must have closed the tab or something - Nice to be back !

Top Contributor crabfoot is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I sometimes lose posts if I am quoting someone and I forget what will happen - here's what happens -

Click on Reply With Quote - the quote appears in the Quick Reply box.
    Write response.
    Click on Post Quick Reply and I am taken to the full Reply To Thread box - what I have written and the quote are lost.

I've learned to copy the quote and paste it back into the box after I have refreshed the page - this fault also happens elsewhere, ie. on other vB sites.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crabfoot View Post
    I sometimes lose posts if I am quoting someone and I forget what will happen - here's what happens -

Click on Reply With Quote - the quote appears in the Quick Reply box.
    Write response.
    Click on Post Quick Reply and I am taken to the full Reply To Thread box - what I have written and the quote are lost.

I've learned to copy the quote and paste it back into the box after I have refreshed the page - this fault also happens elsewhere, ie. on other vB sites.
    test test

<added> When I click on Post Quick Reply, the reply gets posted crabfoot.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Returning back to an earlier part of the thread discussion, I feel it is worth mentioning that I find Google's free keyword tool invaluable in conducting research into the potential of a niche site. The tool provides the monthly search volumes (both local and global), volume trends (going back over the last 12 months) and an indication of competitiveness. Armed with this info. and also using the google search engine results page to view the supply side for specific keywords, you can get a relative feel as to the supply/demand that a given topic has.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hi Slim,
    new as I am to this forum, I've been busy creating websites since GeoCities came about in the nineties. I agree with the other postings.....start one step at a time, by all means plan to have ten sites up in a year; but complete one first before moving on to the next - they can get quite intense, and you might find that you actually only create two or three sites....but they will be that much better. I use an independent software to create my sites, but by all means go with whatever you feel comfortable - don't get bogged down with learning code etc., creating the content is the key.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    andyswire and jenny1968, welcome to experienced-people.net

Why don't you start a thread in the welcome forum to tell us a bit about yourselves?

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hey Slim, from another newbie, you appear well researched and Iam amazed that with what you already have picked up that you haven't progressed onto getting your hands dirty! Get that site started, surely it can evolve and appear more manicured with time! I'll be watching your posts with anticipation. Remember - Content is King!
    :-)

+ Reply to Thread