+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrewd Way To Selling to An End User

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I think you misunderstood me, I was talking to one of the people I contacted about the revenue stream and I said, "One of them is email submits, CPA network, xyz." They said, "Why would I get my accountant have a revenue stream?"

I'm not interested in telling my website here because I don't want to sell it to a webmaster. I want to sell to the business that would benefit.

I'm being evasive with the numbers to maybe set people off about asking me what the site is. This is strictly about tactics to selling to a big business. Not trying to discount the webmaster, the investors or anyone in the medium. I just feel in my gut, I'll get more satisfaction selling to a business rather than to you, I suppose.

That's a good idea. I should see about capturing the leads and then selling them that angle. Thanks, tke! That was awesome & a total ah hah moment. I have it based as more informative and helpful rather than whats in it for me if you come to my site.

I am done calling today. Tomorrow, I'll get on the phone and start the new angle!

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamFreedom View Post
    I think you misunderstood me, I was talking to one of the people I contacted about the revenue stream and I said, "One of them is email submits, CPA network, xyz." They said, "Why would I get my accountant have a revenue stream?"
    Ahhh, I get it lol, but that just validates my point about speaking the business owner's language.

I'm not interested in telling my website here because I don't want to sell it to a webmaster. I want to sell to the business that would benefit.
    Let me rephrase the question, what do you have to lose by telling us about the site? We can't help you with generalities about what you are doing right or wrong based on the information provided.

I'm being evasive with the numbers to maybe set people off about asking me what the site is. This is strictly about tactics to selling to a big business. Not trying to discount the webmaster, the investors or anyone in the medium. I just feel in my gut, I'll get more satisfaction selling to a business rather than to you, I suppose.
    I want to sell a site, but not to a certain class of individual. Seems to go against the mantra of selling sites to whomever will pay the highest. FYI, I'm probably not interested in the site anyway

That's a good idea. I should see about capturing the leads and then selling them that angle. Thanks, tke! That was awesome & a total ah hah moment. I have it based as more informative and helpful rather than whats in it for me if you come to my site.
    Imagine if you had provided us with actual details what gems we could have provided you with That's selling to a B&M 101, imagine when you get to the second year classes.

I am done calling today. Tomorrow, I'll get on the phone and start the new angle!
    I admire your spunk young man. If I could make one recommendation to you I would arrange a call with someone to listen to your phone pitch and help you hone it for the proper audience. If you're calling B&M companies and talking CPA and email submits then you might as well be speaking Greek to them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tke71709 For This Useful Post:

KenW3 (14 March 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I admire your spunk young man. If I could make one recommendation to you I would arrange a call with someone to listen to your phone pitch and help you hone it for the proper audience. If you're calling B&M companies and talking CPA and email submits then you might as well be speaking Greek to them.
    What time should I call you?

also, I may have read too many places and bs'er's but I was under the impression that if you speak the site, then you risk losing the values with the Panda stuff.

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    What time should I call you?
    Friday afternoon EDT works for me. You're eating the long distance charges (call to Canada) and you only get 30 minutes though. Oh and expect me to be particularly difficult because I'm going to raise every possible issue that I can think of that the guys you're talking to might do to prepare you for them. The good thing is that you've already run into most of them so you should have some good stock answers. Send me a PM and we will set it up if you're serious.

I'd skype but I don't have a mic so it would be a pretty one-sided call

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tke71709 For This Useful Post:

Clinton (15 March 2012), KenW3 (16 March 2012), TeamFreedom (14 March 2012)

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,673 Posts
    TeamFreedom, you're likely to learn a fair bit from that call and I hope you appreciate the value. It would be great if you then shared here what you learned.
    If you're new to buying / selling websites, please read this first.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

TeamFreedom (15 March 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I definitely will be sharing what I can from this. I am off to make calls. I want to try to make 65 phone calls and talk to 19 people. We will see how this goes

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hi everyone!
    So here it is, todays data on cold calling to end users using tke's algorithm. Small success. Might have 4 biters! Yup, you heard me right. 4!! After 41 calls!

Will post this afternoon the rest of the outcome.

Tke and I'll be having an AWESOME conversation tomorrow! I'm stoked that someone is willing to listen to me rattle I know it's awesome because well Canada is amazing like that

Be back later, more calls. I get really nervous and I know its weird but I love the awkward time because its where you learn the most about yourself. Just my thoughts.

Like how do you get past it? What are you thinking? Is it going to get better? Do I really care what this person thinks of me?

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I think I am guilty of being stubborn & reading a few ebooks that promised me jewels if I sold the potential. I have found that it is more difficult to sell the potential, easy to sell the traffic, hard to sell the traffic revenue because I seem to deal with every one who isn't quite sold on the idea that there is such a thing with automatic revenue streams.
    This discussion has been had many times before...
    Of course it is more difficult - you are trying to sell what doesn't exist, not the reality of what does exist...
    potential may get someone excited - but except in a few cases where the buyer is making rash decisions it won't increase the price...
    let me give you an example:

a plot of 'brownfield land'
    worth xx thousands

potential - a supermarket / housing / industry / shopping mall / etc.

barriers - planning / local agreement / cost of building / finding buyers / etc.

yes it has potential - but none is realised - until you start to take steps towards that realisation you are adding no value...

potential on its own has no value.

Alasdair

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akirk For This Useful Post:

grynge (19 March 2012), KenW3 (16 March 2012), TeamFreedom (16 March 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Yes, I used a PR release to announced the sale of Links.com. It generated lots of views and some industry interest. But ultimately, it is a matter of a buyer looking for a domain name for a specific purpose. And if they want it, they will find it. There are lots of places that buyers look for domain names and you as a seller just have to make sure it is visible to them. PR release is one avenue.
    Last edited by Clinton; 19 March 2012 at 3:48 am. Reason: linking to the site doesn't help the reader in this case,the destination is the domain itself rather than a market listing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to richrf For This Useful Post:

grynge (19 March 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Tke and I'll be having an AWESOME conversation tomorrow! I'm stoked that someone is willing to listen to me rattle
    So how did the conversion go? Did you pick up any additional insights?

Interesting to hear the results of your cold calling. Is cold calling something you have done in the past for other work related activities? I'm not sure that would ever be something I was comfortable doing myself.

+ Reply to Thread