+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would your Adsense earnings be affected if you don't have a Google+ page?

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,002 Times in 1,672 Posts

Would your Adsense earnings be affected if you don't have a Google+ page?

Recommendations
    Create a Google+ page . Creating a Google+ page brings you closer to your audience by letting you have real conversations with the right people, connecting you face to face, and making it easy for people to recommend you on Google search.
    Google's now aggressively cross promoting G+ across their other properties.

When logged into Adsense the majority of the screen is taken up with that above ad for Google+

Well I call it an ad, but they call it a recommendation.

Others are calling it a veiled threat: "Create a Google+ page or your earnings will be affected". You can't get rid of the message even if you tick that "I have been assimilated" box (it's actually called "I've done it"). If you choose to dismiss the message you are asked why:

Help us improve our recommendations. Why did you decide not to follow our suggestion?
    Too complicated!
    Doesn't apply to me or my site

Other Reason ___.
    And it still doesn't get dismissed - the ad just keeps reappearing! Google doesn't take no for an answer.

A Google engineer who just left gave Google + a -1

But are you Adsense publishers brave enough to do the same, or are you setting up a Google+ page? Who knows, seeing that + is so important to the Gorg, they may tweak the Adsense formula to give "compliant" sites more money!
    Show your support - Like us on Facebook

Top Contributor grynge is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    But are you Adsense publishers brave enough to do the same, or are you setting up a Google+ page? Who knows, seeing that + is so important to the Gorg, they may tweak the Adsense formula to give "compliant" sites more money!
    I can't see them give more money, more likely if you don't comply you will earn less money.
    And they thought me broken, that my tongue was coated lead, but I just couldn't make my words make sense to them, if you only listen with your ears ... I can't get in
    Non ducor, duco

Top Contributor Dave McM is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    I've seen the advert, obviously, but I'd never clicked through to see what it was all about until just now.

It seems like a bit of a futile exercise, and I can't say I'm able to stir up much enthusiasm about it.

There's no indication of how many pages you're allowed to make, for starters - so if it's only one, that throws up some difficult choices for us because we have several sites managed through the same account. Either our G+ page will look a bit of a dog's dinner because we've included them all, or some of our sites will have to go begging as far as G+ is concerned.

Even if you're allowed to make several, who's going to read them? The whole thing leaves me with the same feeling of mild despair as I got when I visited Squidoo for the first time.

Administrator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 Times in 2,113 Posts
    I was trying to find good reasons as to why anyone would want to create a G+ page for their business.

Here is the best one I found - because you could make an edible one and eat it.

http://mashable.com/2012/03/14/google-plus-chocolate/
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

My Blog - online business, book reviews and stuff. Comments are welcome.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I have a few pages there. I spent some time personalizing them and after that I placed everything on automatic feeding a rss feed to each page. More links and more eyeballs even if they are very few. It can't hurt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delta4 For This Useful Post:

Dave McM (15 March 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Anytime I create a new entry on a blogsite, I share it on facebook and tumblr- because that's where I get alot of traffic from people actually clicking through,
    and i share it on google+ because I figure google would treat the entry better in search if i don't ignore their social network.

+ Reply to Thread