MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Merger of FlippingPlanet and Experienced-People
1. FlippingPlanet.com (FP) is a forum that was started a few months after this one (EP), in 2010. It is owned by two of our longer standing members, meathead1234 (Thomas Smale) and bryanon (Bryan O'Neil).
2. FP was started to cater for discussion on site flipping specifically but grew to encompass general discussions on buying and selling websites.
3. Thomas, Bryan and I have been speaking for a while about the overlap in subjects discussed and we all feel it would be a good move and benefit users of both EP and FP to bring all the discussions under one roof. There is no money changing hands. I have also discussed this extensively, over the last few months, with our other admin and all mods who support the planned merger and the way in which I've explained the process working. They are satisfied that the protections in place will ensure that our forums don't change.
4. The decision is that discussions from FP will be moved here and all members from FP will become members here. Estimated timeframe: the next 2-3 weeks.
5. There are many excellent threads in FP, some really fantastic and valuable posts, and I am looking forward to bringing them to this site.
6. There are also some threads that won't quite fit in here and would fall foul of the slightly different rules we have on these forums. There will therefore be some pruning and tweaking before the import.
7. There are several other factors that need to be taken into account. For example, FP has the equivalent of our VIP Lounge and the privacy of those posts/threads will continue to be respected when they are imported - they will be posted to our VIP Lounge (you'll like those threads!). Members coming over from FP will be apprised of our slightly different rules and will be expected to comply with them. There's reputation and other matters that will be taken into consideration and dealt with carefully. (I've got a long list!)
8. Bryan and I have had detailed discussions about various aspects of the import and I'll be handling the technical side. Not everything goes exactly to plan in situations like this. We hope you will indulge us, bear with us through this move and appreciate that we're doing what we're doing because we genuinely feel it will benefit you in the long run. You, the members here, are always my priority (as you know). I promise to take backups of everything first.
I commend Thomas and Bryan for doing what they recognise as being in the best interests of their members and merging their forums with EP rather than selling their site to the highest bidder. Both of them will continue to be members here and will be focusing more on their Flipping Enterprises Ltd website brokerage business.
It is my hope that you will be welcoming to our new friends and help them settle in. Should you notice something not right, please be discreet and contact an admin/mod via the details here. Mods will exercise some understanding in the early days to help moved members get familiar with our rules, especially the no fluff rule - which is significantly different to rules in any other forum, and I see some of the moved members becoming regular and valuable contributors here as they have a lot to give.
These are exciting times and they herald a new and even better forum. Please join me in a toast.