+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What more can I do please?

Dormant Account
    Thanks

What more can I do please?

Hi, in my introduction post I explained I have a specific niche in the care industry, the nursing homes I have set up websites for are same domain name, I have set them up with twitter and facebook, I have added all tags etc, I have put into google/bing / all other sitemaps, is that all I can do? Is there anything else I can do to advertise the sites and Im very sorry to say it has to be free. I also realise its a very specific audience but Im trying to think out of the box and that anyone could be looking for care any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    A few traffic ideas on the free side:

-Ask some related sites to link to you. Try getting quality links, such as government sites or other trusted sites. Since you are offering free information, that sometimes helps when trying to get links.

-Write some unique quality articles and submit them for possible inclusion on a related site (with your bio/site url at the end). Just don't have the same article published in multiple places (as I think that can get a duplicate content issue with the search engines).

- Not sure if you have submitted to dmoz (http://www.dmoz.org/) but I'm pretty sure it is a free submission for that directory.

- If there is anything local about it, you can try things like bulletin boards, posters, signs, car magnets, etc. (though not all completely free).

- You could have visitors sign up for an e-mail newsletter as well, another way of getting repeat visitors.

- That's off the top of my head... if I think of some more I'll add them in.

John

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnP For This Useful Post:

Clinton (26 March 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Thankyou JohnP for your advice, actually did manage to get some free stuff from an online stationary supply for car magnets and leaflets, but lots more ideas from you to try. I have the email newsletter singup on the sites its not doing very well but maybe I need to give it time.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,658 Posts
    John, good tips. I look forward to any others you can add.

brummie, some of our best threads are collected every week in our Threads of The Week Bulletin. KenW3 keeps a meticulous copy of each TOTW at this thread. If you've missed previous episodes of TOTW - perhaps because you're new to this site - head on over there and take a look. The Feb 6th and Feb 13th are two editions among others that featured threads about getting links and getting traffic.
    Show your support - Like us on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread