+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Site Flipping 101

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    christopheravell, I support the discussion of all related matters whether some consider it cheating or not. If it's legal and on-topic, I'm all for having a discussion. There's no clear line between manipulating SEs and simple SEO and we can't just ban all talk of SEO. Here's my guiding principle for discussions: If there are some members who want the discussion and it's legal, we'll have it. It's not decided by a majority vote or my personal likes. As a forum admin I'm not going to bring my value equation into the mix.

It's the members' forum and if any member wants to discuss something on-topic in an intelligent, polite way, I fully support them doing that.

I can't see it happening but if two members want to have an extended discussion in a thread about spamming blogs, I don't think anyone should get in the way. If they know content is of a very poor to junk quality and want to discuss what to do with the content, that's fine with me as well. You and I have had extended chats and you know what my personal philisophy is and where I stand on content for my own sites. But that can and will stay a personal philisophy and not something I expect everyone else in the forums to follow.
    Clinton, "intelligent" is as objective as anything else.

I don't think anyone is talking about banning the discussion. I too would engage in those discussions and present my position against those practices. I was just surprised to see some promoting such philosophies. I would just love to see more people chime-in against some practices. If we don't police ourselves, others are ready to take on the role. And when we leave the job up to poloticians, they're going to listen to the lobbyists with the big $$ and not the small home-business entrepreneurs who stand without much representation.

I am all for allowing open discussion -- and I will inject my opinion whenever allowed.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,660 Posts
    I would just love to see more people chime-in against some practices
    Perhaps in Foo. Elsewhere on the forum that sparks of a campaign rather than a discussion. I'm not keen on campaigns in here, it gets too messy and has the potential to create big moderation headaches in the future.

I too would engage in those discussions and present my position against those practices.
    I can see situations in which that wouldn't be helpful. If a few members are absorbed in having a lively conversation on how to manipulate search engines and a third party drops in to tell them they shouldn't be doing that, they're naughty and they're ruining the internet ...it's disruptive and goes against the ethos of these forums. Join the discussion by all means, if you think you can make a positive contribution to it ... is what was originally agreed as a key rule.

We're here to learn and share... not to convert anyone to our way of thinking
    Show your support - Like us on Facebook

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    Perhaps in Foo. Elsewhere on the forum that sparks of a campaign rather than a discussion. I'm not keen on campaigns in here, it gets too messy and has the potential to create big moderation headaches in the future.

I can see situations in which that wouldn't be helpful. If a few members are absorbed in having a lively conversation on how to manipulate search engines and a third party drops in to tell them they shouldn't be doing that, they're naughty and they're ruining the internet ...it's disruptive and goes against the ethos of these forums. Join the discussion by all means, if you think you can make a positive contribution to it ... is what was originally agreed as a key rule.

We're here to learn and share... not to convert anyone to our way of thinking
    I understand. Which is why I don't last on forums like these too long. I am kind-of-a-jerk -- working on it! This is why when we discussed me writing a regular post about scams I asked "are you sure you want me" and thought it would be best to give it some time! I am betting now you're pleased we didn't jump into anything. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I thought you were brilliant at spotting scams. I still think you are. I love having you on here ...and that offer is still open.

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hey Clinton,

Sorry for slow reply, been away from the forums for a few weeks working 24/7 on my latest product.

@ Christopher - I'm not sure what your huge issue is with PLR. It is not all "crap" and can often be a cost effective way to get started in the business. When writing articles, referencing PLR is fine - 99% of articles everywhere are rewritten/research from somewhere else, whether it be "crap" PLR or otherwise. Your views are purely speculative regarding quality with little reference to fact.

@ Clinton - my investments are currently in Guinness and cigarettes being a student

No, joking apart, I bought my first property a few years ago so reinvest a lot of my earnings into that. As I graduate in the coming weeks I'll be looking to getting further into product creation (original FYI christopher :P) and some non-flipping related investments. I'm well aware I need to get away from flipping 100% of my inventory month on month so looking to change that whilst retaining the revenue stream.
    Last edited by Thomas; 9 May 2010 at 8:20 pm.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    When writing articles, referencing PLR is fine - 99% of articles everywhere are rewritten/research from somewhere else, whether it be "crap" PLR or otherwise.
    And you can do a lot worse than that.

When I bought my finance network, I got some good sites but I also "inherited" tens of thousands of pages of "spun" content spread over hundreds of sites. It would be a full time job to clean that stuff up and I have no intention of even starting. The previous owner had a lot of success with it and while I'm taking a different route with my SEO, I'm not going to spend tens of thousands to have someone work on cleaning up the spun articles - it's an unnecessary expense and as the repercussions of such drastic action are unknown I could end up severely damaging the network's strength in the SERPs.

+ Reply to Thread