What about going about it in a less ninja way? *disclaimer, this is a random thought off the top of my head!
- Why not some of us put together a reseller site (nice, simple clean pro design reselling hostgator or whoever) that acts purely as an official portal for these physical coupons.
- We create coupon codes relative to each chain we approach
- We approach chains and offer them a % of any referrals we get through them
- We apply the same methodolgy to a bunch of different countries (ie we have people here from UK, US, Australia, New Zealand etc)
- This way we could send them the coupons remotely, never have to step foot inside a store, and have the chains marketing our reseller account on our behalf.
Obviously you would have to deal with:
A - Convince them theres value to them and the readers, but if your branded/positioned it right, and if you offered some sort of online reciprocal advertising perhaps there might be something in the idea
B - Get enough scale to make it valuable
C - Ensure the cost of printing the vouchers/cards was covered by likely referal sales.
Voucher could perhaps have a competition as an enticement....ie use this voucher code and you get a dis**** on first month (sweet)...but you also go into draw to win an online starter package - one years free hosting, free domain name etc...hmmm There might be soemthing in that...whos keen? lol
Like I said, just a thought