+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FP - A Few Questions Getting Started

Dormant Account
    Thanks

FP - A Few Questions Getting Started

Hello everyone,

just signed up yesterday and have been absorbing all the info. A lot of truly inspirational posts and members, keep up the great work. My questions are

1. When listing a site for sale that earns through adsense, is there ever an issue where your adsense account gets a lot of clicks from people browsing flippa and therefore a risk to the account? I read somewhere that it can cause problems for your account.
    2. How do you get around the problem of premium/paid for themes, plugins etc, do you include them as part of the sale?

Looking forward to be able to offer advice as well as ask for it.

Cheers, Derek

aka "bryanon"
    Thanks

Re: A Few Questions Getting Started

Hey Huggybear and welcome to FP!

To answer your questions:

1. When listing a site for sale that earns through adsense, is there ever an issue where your adsense account gets a lot of clicks from people browsing flippa and therefore a risk to the account? I read somewhere that it can cause problems for your account.
    I've personally never managed to piss anybody off as much as to have them clickbomb my sites. That said, it could happen. On the other hand, you likely won't lose your account as Google knows that clickbombings do happen and all they do is just remove these clicks from your account and perhaps send you a quick email.

2. How do you get around the problem of premium/paid for themes, plugins etc, do you include them as part of the sale?
    Just include the themes - you're selling them together with the site and have already paid for them so no reason not to.

Good luck!
    Bryan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

succor (18 February 2011)

Dormant Account
    Thanks

I agree with Brian on both counts. Google is clever enough to know what's going on so don't worry. As for the themes and plugins, to be totally honest, the chance of the creator of either of these knowing/finding out that you've included them as part of the site you sold is minimal. I'll openly admit that I'd sell a site that used a premium theme or plugin unless I had to give out a username and password for the plugin, which would then give the buyer access to an account that was created when the plugin was purchased. An example of this is anything from pluginbuddy.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shezboy For This Useful Post:

MojoFlip (1 March 2011)

Thanks

I have sold couple of adsense site on flippa and never saw any unusual behavior from flippa users.

Dormant Account
    Thanks

great, thanks for the replies guys. I figured that with the plugins and themes.

Derek

Dormant Account
    Thanks

I've always been fine leaving Adsense on my sites when I listed them and nobody clickbombed me. You would be fine even if they did for the reasons that Bryan and Shez already mentioned.

And yeah just include the themes and any plugins with the site as part of the sale.

Dormant Account
    Thanks

Clickbombed is funny, I've got clickbombed once (Honestly, I don't know why, haven't pissed anyone.....) , they just don't count it, they know that idiots exist in this world.

+ Reply to Thread