+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FP - Flipping Sites That are not Monitised?

Dormant Account
    Thanks

FP - Flipping Sites That are not Monitised?

Hi Guys,

My first post here so be gentle!

I was just wondering if people sell sites successfully on flipper that are not currently making money?

I currently have a site that has music videos on them for a particular niche. I also have a popular youtube channel with videos that are watermarked with the sites URL. It only gets about 1000 visits a month but I have done nothing with it. It automatically grabs videos every few days from youtube.

I haven't added adsense to the site as my account was banned after a joint venture that went wrong (not my fault at all).

Not sure what to do with it. I could work on it and turn it into something but I was thinking of just selling it on if possible.

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Flipping Sites That are not Monitised?

Moved per request.

urvesh

Of course you could flip it. I recently sold a site for one of my brokerage clients for $600. The site was making nothing, and had very little traffic (nothing organic). For me it was just a matter of 'how' I sold the site and not the site itself. Let me know if you need any help, good luck!

Dormant Account
    Thanks

Hi there, is it ok if i asked wat happened with your site in the end?? did u sell sucessfully or have to monitise a bit more?? ALSO do u have any advice for me with regard to JV's becoz i was wanting to have a look at this and dont wnt to get mislead or deceived (do not want you to name n shame, just advise with wat to look out for)

Hope this is ok to ask...

Fresh Fish (newbie)

TeamFreedom

I have been wanting to sell a site that I have to free up some cash but I didn't monetize it until recently. It's in the credit niche.

All unique content, twitter, facebook, a great theme.. The whole nine yards but I have no idea how I would go about selling it. I would be greatly interested in how to sell it.

Thanks
    I flipped about 150 starter websites which didn't make a dime. No traffic was presented as well. People pay for opportunity sometimes. Many of starter site buyers are newbies to websites and Internet marketing. They are not able to evaluate the website potential and pay for a dream to make easy money or sell this website in future for higher price. Unfortunately, most of them lose money.

Sorry to hear your Flippa account got banned. Try to contact support, hope it can help.

Restricted Account
    Thanks
    Hello, I am new here too and maybe this should be a whole nother post but you said
    Of course you could flip it. I recently sold a site for one of my brokerage clients for $600. The site was making nothing, and had very little traffic (nothing organic). For me it was just a matter of 'how' I sold the site and not the site itself. Let me know if you need any help, good luck!

Is there certain things my new site would need in order to flip it right away as a turn key site?

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Nick-

These websites sell easily with no monitization but only if its a good domain name that the buyer knows will rank #1 and or a good idea and or good software.

Thanks
    An OVERWHELMING majority of the sites people bring to us that aren't earning aren't worth much at all. They generally make the mistake of over-valuing the time/effort/energy/$$ they put into the site, thinking that this will be added value from a buyer's perspective and, almost always, they've wasted that time/effort/energy/$$.

There are a few notable exceptions, though. We've come across a few pre-revenue startups, websites, and SaaS companies that, I think, really DO have some value. The problem is - how to determine that value?

I think there may be an opportunity for an upstart broker to specifically target this side of the market. I don't envy him/her though...they'd have to sift through a whole lot of BS to find those types of gems. A really efficient funnel/process for weeding them out might work, I don't know...

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TryBPO View Post
    We've come across a few pre-revenue startups, websites, and SaaS companies that, I think, really DO have some value. The problem is - how to determine that value?
    There is no way to determine value in these cases as value is in the eye of the beholder (and is based largely on how he thinks he can monetise it). Assigning a value in these cases is not within the competencies of a broker.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

+ Reply to Thread