+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello EP

Dormant Account
    Thanks

Hello EP

This is my second attempt to introduce myself with the first one being as light as a cloud and went blowing away with fluff in the wind.

I have been employed for more than 30 years in the information technology business for various companies I'll not mention here. I have spent the last 5 years or so trying to break into the internet marketing business trying various this and that sites but have never really been focused on one thing which I believe now to be the reason for my lack luster success. I found this forum by happen-chance and decided after reading a few articles that this forum was the right place to join due to the higher quality of posts I've seen. The reasoning behind my getting into internet marketing besides the fact that I can program web pages is that I am tired of working for someone else and want to receive an income with which to set aside enough funds so I can retire. Plus I have a son with Down Syndrome who is turning 20 soon and I want to have a fund set aside for him and his older brother to be able to enjoy the rest of their lives. I don't want my older son to feel burdened by his younger sibling with handicaps. The 20 year old also has ADHD which is far worse than the Down Syndrome and he can weigh on our nerves easily just because of the hyperactivity.

So I will be reading in the threads. Learning about internet marketing. What works and doesn't work. I'll probably chime in with comments in an attempt to be communicative with my own experiences. And anyone with advice I'll be happy to listen to them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to earnieboyd For This Useful Post:

Kay (4 May 2012)

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Welcome - good to see you on here - and your it skills will be useful...
    main advice I would give you is to stop thinking in terms of internet marketing / making money online...
    but instead think in traditional business terms - but with online being the tool through which you deliver / engage / etc.
    you are far more likely to end up with a robust money making venture...
    your final model may be micro (and therefore you might have several), or small / medium / large as with any business...

regards

Alasdair

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akirk For This Useful Post:

Clinton (4 May 2012), TheodoreK (4 May 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Alasdair, thank your advice. I am still much in learning mode with regard to operating a business and any advice from the more experienced is appreciated. I am looking forward to gaining knowledge as well as helping those I can with the knowledge I have learned. Finding time to do what I need to do with the job that is providing me income and doing a start up work is at best challenging but also frustrating since that extra time takes away time from other areas of life. Balancing it all out seems to be my biggest challenge.

+ Reply to Thread