+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to this site? Here's how you can contribute!

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts

New to this site? Here's how you can contribute!

New registrants on these forums often feel a bit overwhelmed by some of the expert advice and feel that they can't contribute on the same level.

However, some of our best threads were started by newer members asking great questions so we encourage everybody, whatever your level of experience, to get stuck in.

But what do you write about?

If you do feel you've learned a lot from these boards and would like to give something back, this thread is for you! It will contain a collection of suggestions for research you can do - research anybody can do - to collect material for a quality post that helps others (and attracts you ThankYous and reputation points/start/green blobs). There's one further reward. Take up a few of the suggestions below and make good enough posts and I'll manually bump your membership level up to include access to our VIP Lounge.

Suggestion 1:

You could compile a lot of lists via using this site's search facility and/or the Google search option of site:experienced-people.net + keyword. You could get together our best posts on places to sell websites, posts on affiliate programs, posts on Wordpress or posts on another topic of interest to you ... and create a new thread with links to all those posts/threads. "EP's Top Posts on Due Diligence" is one example.

Suggestion 2:

If you've been doing a lot of reading at these forums, you'll have found some threads you like better than others. When you find a thread you like, bookmark it, or subscribe to it by going to the toolbar just above the first post and clicking on Thread Tools. After a few days, you'll have a collection of the threads that you found most useful. Start a new thread linking to all of those with a few words about why you liked those threads.

Suggestion 3:

There are many ex-site flippers setting themselves up in business as website brokers - there were no less than 50 at last count. We don't have a comprehensive list of these brokers. If you could use a combination of Google, Bing, Blekko, DuckDuckGo, DMOZ etc., to compile a list, that would be great. Please ensure that their websites are working and try and work out if they are currently active as brokers before including them in your list.

Suggestion 4:

We need a similar list to the above when it comes to top bloggers in the Internet Marketing niche. You could check their Alexa rank and number of RSS subscribers to gauge how popular their sites are before including them in your list.

Suggestion 5
    ??? You tell me???
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Website marketplaces keep appearing and disappearing. There's a list here of marketplaces where websites can be bought and sold (See the OP in that thread as well). The list is getting a bit old now could do with some updating if you want to visit all those marketplaces, see which ones are still around, which ones have gone really quiet and, using Google, find a few new ones. That would make for a great new thread.

Another suggestion:

You may not be aware, but a forum called FlippingPlanet.com (FP) was merged with our forum a month ago. Prior to the merger, succor compiled a useful post at FP related to the top things to look for when buying a website. He found various FP threads on the topic and put together a list. We have numerous threads on that subject in experienced-people.net as well. If you can hunt them down you could update the above thread with a new post pointing to various EP threads on the topic.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

grynge (21 May 2012), succor (19 May 2012)

Thanks

Best of EP thread

Can we start a new section listed as something "The Best Of E-P post of All Times" and members can vote to decide which post deserve to be listed in the Best of E-P section.
    just a thought.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Makeit For This Useful Post:

OLechat (16 July 2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Welcome back, makeit. I moved your post here from the TOTW archive.

Yours is a good suggestion. Go ahead and start that thread.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That "The Best Of E-P post of All Times" hasn't been started so it's still available.

I'm also looking to compile a list of sites where people can buy templates. Why pay the several hundred dollars to buy these sites at Flippa when several of those same sellers are selling those "starter" sites for half that price elsewhere. We could use a list.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

kharrison (1 November 2012)

Thanks
    Hello Clinton!

Just happened across this thread; I will get my feet wet collecting places to buy Wordpress themes and templates.

I 'liked' the Facebook page by the way; do you need a cover image for the top?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I certainly do!
    I will get my feet wet collecting places to buy Wordpress themes and templates.
    Fantastic.

do you need a cover image for the top?
    Yes. Are you volunteering?

Thanks
    Sure; do you have an idea of the look you would like?

Top Contributor crabfoot is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kharrison View Post
    I will get my feet wet collecting places to buy Wordpress themes and templates.
    Don't forget to link to Slowdive's thread on how to check out dodgy WordPress themes and plugins!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to crabfoot For This Useful Post:

kharrison (2 November 2012)

+ Reply to Thread