+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Answer the BUYER'S questions, stupid

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts

Answer the BUYER'S questions, stupid

After reading another boring, long drawn out sales pitch this morning from a seller who, like most sellers, was trying too hard to impress ... I was so cheesed off that I put together an article on my .co.uk site today.

Bear in mind I haven't been writing for that site now for ages - I had to get really cranky to motivate myself to put together this article. It deals with how sellers should answer the questions buyers have in their minds and not the convenient questions the seller thinks make for good answers.

I was going to post the article here, but it's quite long and besides, I could drive some more traffic here by posting on that site and linking to this discussion.

Extract:
    Bad Question To Answer: How easy it is to run this business? (Nobody believes you, they'll form their own opinion during due diligence)

Instead provide information on what human capital/ accumulated business knowledge and experience accompanies the sale. What form is it in? (management team / embedded in smart software / a pdf manual)

Bad Question To Answer: How all/most of your traffic is free traffic from Google (bad business model).

Instead, try these: How resilient is your business to changes in underlying conditions? How sustainable is the model? Is there any real IP underlying the business's core value? What are the key contracts and key relationships you have in place?

Show solidity behind the business plan and operation!

etc
    Article: Answer The Investor's Questions, Not Your Own

Related Discussion in our VIP Lounge (min 50 posts qualifying)
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

crabfoot (11 October 2012), golles (12 October 2012), grynge (25 March 2013), Kay (12 October 2012), Ryan (12 October 2012)

Dormant Account
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Answer the BUYER'S questions

and there also lies the key to building ANY web presence. (not just the ones you are looking to sell).

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I understand what you are saying Clinton, however, when some of these buyers who just registered that same day and have no experience with flippa and ask a question already covered in the listing text, it is frustrating.

Having said that, I would politely respond to him in the public comments section irregardless.

+ Reply to Thread