+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement - Kay is now an Admin

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,027 Times in 1,683 Posts

Announcement - Kay is now an Admin

Kay has been exercising admin controls for a while now as the mods are aware.

As of today, Kay's account will publicly show as an admin.

Many thanks to Kay for stepping up and volunteering for this position. Ken and I believe she will make a fantastic admin and we request you give her your full support.

As is standard with these threads, no fluff posts, please. If you want to congratulate her, please take the time to explain why you think she'll make a great admin.

Thanks.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

bwelford (16 October 2012), Chabrenas (16 October 2012), crabfoot (16 October 2012), Dave McM (17 October 2012), DaveMurphy (17 October 2012), Kay (16 October 2012), KenW3 (16 October 2012), kharrison (2 November 2012), TheodoreK (17 October 2012)

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Oh! Just as I was thinking of going to bed. But it's only 3am, and this is just too exciting! Thank you for having the confidence in me. I'll do my best to be a good admin.

I like the way that Clinton says I stepped up and volunteered. It kinda reminds me of volunteers in the army. "Volunteers step forward." Everyone else steps back and you're too slow on the uptake to step back too, so you get left standing out front.

For anyone who would like to congratulate me, no fluff, please. You could just say something about how great I am. Thanks.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Top Contributor
    France. Between Limoges and Brive la Gaillarde.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm not going to say how great you are, Kay. We all know that. What's more important is that you're also volunteering to work even harder. Hip, hip (Let's hear you all - Hooray!) and again hip hip -------- and a third time hip hip -----------!!!! Thanks, and bon courage.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chabrenas For This Useful Post:

bwelford (16 October 2012), crabfoot (16 October 2012), DaveMurphy (17 October 2012), delta4 (16 October 2012), Kay (17 October 2012)

Top Contributor crabfoot is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,038 Posts
    I feel I should say something on this auspicious occasion - there, I've said it.

Congratcherlayshuns!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crabfoot For This Useful Post:

bwelford (16 October 2012), Chabrenas (17 October 2012), Kay (17 October 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Oh! Just as I was thinking of going to bed. But it's only 3am, ...
    And that's why it's such a great choice, Kay. Many congratulations. Things just keep getting better and better around here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bwelford For This Useful Post:

Kay (17 October 2012)

Top Contributor Dave McM is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Well done to Kay. I'd just like to point out that the only benefit I personally get from being married to an Admin is that her spending so much time on here is going to do wonders for either my cooking skills or my weight loss goals.

(This is not sexism, just simple division of labour - we agreed a long time ago that she'd do the cooking because she's by far the better cook, and I do most of the rest of the housework anyway.)

Senior Member TheodoreK is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Great news! Gongratz Kay!
    I am so glad we've got a female admin; it somehow makes the forums feel even more friendly and welcoming than before.

Also, this latest development disproves the theory that Clinton, Ken and Kay are the same person!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheodoreK For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (17 October 2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I am so glad we've got a female admin; it somehow makes the forums feel even more friendly and welcoming than before.
    Whatever gave you the idea I might be friendly? I'm known as the Rottweiler on my own forum. Hmm, I'm not sure I'm keen on the idea that a "female admin" might be any different to any other kind of admin. There was me thinking I'd earned the position on merit and now I feel like the token woman. Mostly I'm just one of the guys. I've spent all my working life in male-dominated environments.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

TheodoreK (17 October 2012)

Senior Member TheodoreK is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    I never thought Rottweilers as unfriendly!

Wikipedia agrees with me too:

According to the FCI Standard, the Rottweiler is good-natured, placid in basic disposition, very devoted, obedient, biddable and eager to work. Their appearance is natural and rustic, their behaviour self-assured, steady and fearless. They react to their surroundings with great alertness.
    I think if there's one forum where mods/admins earn their place then that's EP and I didn't mean any offense!

Now, about being friendly, it's a fact that you, dear Kay, are the EP member that replies to almost every 'introduce yourself' threat from new members, welcoming them and making them feel comfy around here.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheodoreK For This Useful Post:

Kay (17 October 2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hmm. Maybe I'm not a Rottie after all. Perhaps poodle is a more apt description.

Classified as highly energetic, poodles can also get bored fairly easily, and have been known to get creative about finding mischief. Poodles like to be in the center of things and are easily trained to do astonishing tricks involving both brains and agility.
    Source: Wikipedia

Anyway, it's a great honour to have this position of trust so thanks to all who've shown their support.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (17 October 2012), TheodoreK (17 October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread